Friday, January 18, 2008

New work....

Been working like a busy bee these days. Its been good and I've been enjoying it a lot. Staying focused isn't so hard when its something you really love to do. Here is the work I recently finished up and I have to admit, it was a lot of fun to do!

So, what I did was a overall illustration. The idea was a creature in New York. After doing some research, I decided to do something away from Times Square and Central Park. I originally wanted to make it cutting across the Washington Bridge, but I didn't want to hide half of the creature in water. Thus, a compromise near the pier...

First I needed to figure out a creature. I know I didn't want a dinosaur or anything "Godzilla" like...


So, I decided on a "cthulhu" type beast from HP Lovecraft's work. Sure, its been done before, but there are so many variants to work on and its fun. Next, I worked on some comps...


After a little bit of work, I settled on no2 comp, the upper right one with a little bit of tweaking. I started on the final a couple a of days ago and here is the finish! So, thats it for now folks, more to come!!


4 comments:

Ryan McCulloch said...

Dude, this is a great piece of work. Maybe my favorite of yours. And I love the character sheet with all the guys. Great job!!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet Stuff Ivan - Stu

jriggity said...

Cool piece man!

jriggity

Betty Edwards said...

awesome! great dark creature designs.. niiiiice!!
we hope to see you guys soon- been too long =)